File Photo: Emirati President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahayan waves from his vehicle as he leaves 10 Downing Street in Central London, on May 1, 2013.
- President Joe Biden said Sheikh Khalifa was "a true partner and friend of the United States", adding the US "will honour his memory by continuing to strengthen" relations with the UAE.
European Council President Charles Michel said it was "with sadness" that he had learned of Sheikh Khalifa's death. "The EU honours his legacy & leadership under which the UAE became frontrunner of sustainable development & economic diversification."
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted he was "deeply saddened" over the news, saying Sheikh Khalifa "was a great statesman and visionary leader under whom India-UAE relations prospered".
- Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif tweeted he was "grieved to hear about the passing" of Sheikh Khalifa, adding: "UAE has lost a visionary leader & Pakistan a great friend."
- President Mahmud Abbas said he "mourns" for the UAE.
- Prime Minister Naftali Bennett offered "his sincerest condolences to the UAE government and its people".
- Jordan expressed the "deepest sympathies of King Abdullah and the people of Jordan, as they stand with the people of the UAE in these difficult times".
- President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said Sheikh Khalifa was a "loyal friend in all circumstances and conditions".
- Saudi Arabia said it "shares the UAE people's sorrows" over the death of the president.
- The emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, offered "the brotherly people of the UAE my deepest condolences and sympathy".